Re: [hylafax-users] New to Hylafax....And now I don't know what to do

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:54:14 -0600, Jeb Barger <jeb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The system is Mandrake 10.1 running the current version of hylafax.  The
> modem is a usr v.42 faxmodem.
> Here's the error I get:
> [root@athena sbin]# hylafax start
> HylaFAX:/usr/sbin/faxq: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/faxq: undefined
> symbol: _ZTI7fxArray
> ~ faxq/usr/sbin/hfaxd: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/hfaxd: undefined
> symbol: _ZTI9FaxConfig

Usually this is a broken installation (uncomplete, mixed with another
install, a binary rpm meant for another distro version).
try erasing every trace of HylaFAX and reinstall.
I mean that after uninstall you should check
ls /*/*fax* /usr/*/*fax*  /usr/local/*/*fax*
and see almost nothing

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx