Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 getting 2x as many errors as with USR modems

On 2005.02.21 14:12 Hans Strickler wrote:
web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - List-Server account

System Spec:
	SuSe 9.1
	HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.1
 	2 MultiTech Modems (MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92)

Recently replaced 2 USR modems with ones suggested and are getting
quite a few errors:

We really can't help you with such a general problem description. There really isn't any "magical" setting that makes things work wrong or right. We really need to see session logs.

Ring detected without successful handshake

Generally this means that HylaFAX was able to determine that it was a fax sender, but couldn't negotiate anything. Please send a log, if it's really an error, then this is something that HylaFAX can probably fix.

No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)

This generally means that after 30 seconds of trying it was unable to detect any response from a fax sender on that call. If it's reproducible, then it's something MultiTech will need to address for you.

Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier.

Send the log on this one. If you want an explanation of it, see the archives.

RSPREC error/got DCN

Send the log.

		Xferfaxlog attached.
This is used only for receiving FAXES, not sending...

My question is/are?

What/How, SPECIFICALLY, should we have this modem configured?

You probably want to drop the Class1TCFRecvHack, but your config looks fine.

(see config
below)  Should we go with Class 2, and then, what else should be in
here?
Is there a generic config I should use for these modems?  Anyone have
one
they can pass along?

Lee, when you were using these modems, did you have to do any
tweaking?
Still have a config I could have?

The default prototype configs are the ones that I use. I use the external versions of these modems, though.