Re: [hylafax-users] Regarding USR5610 Modem

On 2005.02.21 15:19 Philip Walls wrote:
I've read on several threads of users having difficulty with this
modem
(USR 5610 rev 01). I was just curious if there is any known way to get
around the "No response to PPS repeated 3 times." issue as this server
is already in production and I do not want to replace all 3 modems in
it.

The communication pattern goes like this:

<-- DCS
<-- TCF
--> CFR
<-- image data
<-- PPM (PPS)

What you have to try to determine is whether the receiver is not getting the image data, or whether it is not hearing the PPM signal. So, you find out if the receiver is printing out the full page or not. If it is, then something's going wrong after the image data is sent, before the PPM signal. If it isn't, then something is probably going wrong either in the image data or in the timing between CFR and the image data.

In any case, a log would certainly help us to help you.