[hylafax-users] MultiTech MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 getting 2x as many errors as with USR modems

web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - List-Server account

System Spec:
	SuSe 9.1
	HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.1
 	2 MultiTech Modems (MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92)

Recently replaced 2 USR modems with ones suggested and are getting quite a
few errors:
	Ring detected without successful handshake
	No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)
	Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier.
	RSPREC error/got DCN
		Xferfaxlog attached.
This is used only for receiving FAXES, not sending...

My question is/are…

What/How, SPECIFICALLY, should we have this modem configured?  (see config
below)  Should we go with Class 2, and then, what else should be in here?
Is there a generic config I should use for these modems?  Anyone have one
they can pass along?

Lee, when you were using these modems, did you have to do any tweaking?
Still have a config I could have?

These modems were highly recommended here and I really need to get them
configured correctly.

MODEM CONFIG:
*******************************
CountryCode:		1
AreaCode:		406
FAXNumber:		585-7576
LongDistancePrefix:	1
InternationalPrefix:	011
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		1
SessionTracing:		11
RecvFileMode:		0644
LogFileMode:		0644
DeviceMode:		0644
RingsBeforeAnswer:	2
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:	FRONTLINE
ClocalAsRoot:		no
PriorityScheduling:	yes
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
PercentGoodLines:	0
MaxConsecutiveBadLines:	0
MaxRecvPages:		150
#

ModemType:		Class1		# use this to supply a hint
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# many firmwares have broken
software flow control
Class1TCFRecvHack:	yes		# avoid +FCERROR before TCF
# Class1MsgRecvHackCmd:	AT+FRS=1	# avoid +FCERROR before image
Class1TMConnectDelay:	400		# counteract quick CONNECT response

# If your line supports Caller-ID, you may want to uncomment this...
# QualifyCID:		etc/cid		# you must create this file
# ModemResetCmds:	AT+VCID=1
# CIDNumber:		"NMBR="
# CIDName:		"NAME="

# Or with the MT5634ZBA-DID you'll probably need something like...
# ModemReadyCmds:	AT*DS1*DD0*DF1*DN4	# enable DTMF-DID,
wink-start, 4 digits
# CIDNumber:		"DTMF"		# format of AT*DF1
# CIDNumberAnswerLength:	4	# four DTMF-DID digits then ATA