Re: [hylafax-users] Super G3 Fax Modems Recommendations

On 2005.02.06 12:17 Bill Binko wrote:

I believe (and Lee can correct me here) that the
Multitech's are the only analog PCIs that can run at 33.6K in Class
1.0 that are generally available.

The MultiTech's are the only *single-line* analog PCI modem that support V.34-Fax, yes.

However, both MultiTech and MainPine make multi-line analog PCI modems that support V.34-Fax, as Darren has said.

The V.34-Fax capability in those modems largely comes from Agere, the chipset manufacturer, so I suspect that any modern Agere-using modem "could" support V.34-Fax if they wanted, although MultiTech and MainPine are the only ones that I know of that do.