Re: [hylafax-users] how to tell hylafax not to deal with voice

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 22:00 -0500, George Bell wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2005 21:39, Mohammad Khan wrote:
> > Hello list:
> >
> > When I ran faxsetup for the first time, I told hylafax to response to
> > voice call. Later I found, I dont have vgetty installed. At this moment,
> > I dont wan't to install vgetty. I will do it later. In the mean time, I
> > want hylafax not to deal with voice call.
> >
> > How can I tell hylafax not to deal with voice call?
> >

> As long as you don't supply a value for parameter "VGettyArgs" (man
> hylafax-config) in the config file you should be ok.
>
> George

according to 'man hylafax-config':

VGettyArgs
A string that indicates whether or not the server should invoke a voice
getty program in response to an incoming voice call. If the string value
is not null, then it is interpreted as a set of arguments to pass to the
vgetty program.  Before supply-ing the arguments, the string is first
scanned for ‘‘%’’-escape sequences: any appearance of ‘‘%l’’ is replaced
with the tty name and any appearance of ‘‘%s’’ is replaced with the
serial port speed (in decimal).  The ‘‘%’’ character can be specified
with  ‘‘%%’’.   If  the VGettyArgs parameter is not specified in the
configuration file or if the string value is null, then voice
connections will be rejected.  Note that in addition to the specified
command line arguments, the  vgetty  program  is invoked with its
standard input, output, and error descriptors directed to the
controlling tty device.

My etc/config.ttyS1 doesn't have any entry for VGettyArgs.
Why my server is responding to voice call?
BTW, when I ran faxsetup first time (actually only once I ran faxsetup)
I told to lock for voice call too.

MOhammad