Re: [hylafax-users] Software to receive faxes in superfine mode?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:45:23 -0800 Lee Howard wrote:
> > - supports superfine mode (200dpi horizontally, 300dpi vertically),
>
> I think that you mean either 300x300 dpi or 200x400 dpi.

No, 200x300 dpi^2 is what the specifications for the SF-515 that I've
looked at say.. If you're interested, the manuals are available here:

http://www.samsung.com/Support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Fax&typecode=401466&subtype=Laser&subtypecode=401467&model=SF-515&fileType=UM&language=#

= http://tinyurl.com/yszo3

In addition, I just called Samsung customer support and asked whether
200x300 dpi^2 is an official standard and/or whether it works with non-
Samsung FAX machines as well, but - as expected - they didn't have a
clue.

> There isn't a 200x300 dpi resolution.

What do you mean by "there isn't"? Are these resolutions standardized? If
so, where can I find that standard?

Well, it looks as if I've to stick with 200x200 dpi. Then EFax is
sufficient. Or, maybe I should buy a portable hand scanner (I already
have a scanner in my Laserjet 1100A, but that's not here). But I don't
know of any manufacturer that still produces these.

Felix

PS: To contact me off list don't reply but send mail to "felix.klee" at
the domain "inka.de". Otherwise your email to me might get automatically
deleted!