Re: [hylafax-users] modem selection

OK.... my 2 cents worth (... a tuppenny for the English )

To start with - Hylafax is wonderful and Lee impresses the pants off me. He knows his stuff and is (nearly) always so polite with some of our moronic questions.
Now on to Class 2 and why some people still use it. This was the default when I inherited this system so I was not going to mess with things that aren't broken.
Now that I know a little more (and I'm getting over the fear of the unknown), I am planning to go to class 1 but I really dont like the fact that it will put more load on the CPU - admittedly it will only be a light load but my concern is that should the CPU come under pressure from other apps on our production box - the faxing will suffer and possibly start generating errors.
That's it - I think some people do have reasons for using Class 2 (especially those of us on older machines - or machines under load) but I'm extremely unimpressed with the lack of consistency between manufacturers implementations of Class2. It gives me more work.

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

An Intrepid HylaFax User <hylafax@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/03/2004 06:54