[hylafax-users] Upgrading from 4.1.8 to CVS HEAD

Title: Upgrading from 4.1.8 to CVS HEAD
In a recent post, Lee Howard (who seems to be a HylaFAX superhero – kudos to you sir) observes that there are many enhancements in CVS HEAD that cannot be found in 4.1.8.  I believe that and, while I’m currently happy with 4.1.8, I can see that there are features in the development branch that I’m going to want to take advantage of.

This  leads me to my question:

What does an upgrade from one HylaFAX version (i.e. 4.1.8) to another (i.e. CVS HEAD, when it becomes a stable production release) look like?  What will be involved?  Is  an upgrade path documented as part of a release package?  If there is one, what would be considered the definitive online resource for users wanting to learn more about upgrading prior to taking the plunge?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian Newby

---------------------------------

Adrian Newby
Chief Technology Officer
Prudent Rx Inc.
100 Corporate Pointe, Suite 395
Culver City, CA 90230

P: +1 (310)642-1700 x124
F: +1 (310)642-1701
e: anewby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

**Notice of Confidentiality**
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of the communication is prohibited.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions