Re: [hylafax-users] modem selection

Hi,

Recently I've wrote about problems with ZyXEL U1496E+
(let it RIP +)
Today arrived 3 brand new MultiTech USB modems
MT5634ZBA :-))))). I've connected them to my linux box
with D-Link 7 port USB hub. must say, they work great.
(At least sending :-))
But still I have one problem with receiving in class2.1.
When I connect from faxmachine with ecm and 2d-mmr
I get corrupted tiff images. I'm using HylaFAX
4.1.8 with GNU gs7.07 is support for 2dmmr in
4.1.8 still in development stage ? From this thread I can see
that only in CVS version 4.2.0 2D-MMR encoding is really stable.
Am I correct ?

On 15-03-2004 17:45 Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2004.03.15 05:51 Matthew Sorah wrote:
> > Lee, so what are the new features of 4.2
> Support of extended resolutions.
> Support of ECM protocol in Class 1.
> Support of MMR image data compression in Class 1.
> Better support of MMR in Class 2/2.0/2.1.
> Better support of ECM in Class 2.

So is realy resonable safe to switch from 4.1.8
to 4.2.0 ?
For now I've changed
ModemAnswerCmd:         AT+FCC=,,,,,,,,0;A
into
ModemAnswerCmd:         AT+FCC=,,,,1,,,,0;A

to disable 2D-MMR receiving
(thanks God for "Fax Class 2, 2.0, 2.1 Commands" from MT site:-)
and now I don't have any corrupted tiffs anymore (I hope).

Krzysztof Cieniuch
PS Now I understand why Multitech modems gets best support from
HylaFAX They have best manuals and specs I've ever seen.:))