[hylafax-users] It was a good try at Open Source....

Well gang,

We tried HylaFAX for almost 6 months. In that time in went from being a teriffic ideal to a bust.

Sending faxes was no trouble but receiving faxes became the real issue. The server seemed to work fine but then as larger, multi-page faxes began arriving it began whacking the last page of any fax it received. This happened only when the call came from a long distance fax machine. I tested this from home and from other faxes in this office with no problem. But when our branch offices send in faxes, the last page always appears as a few wide black lines at the bottom of the page. When I would ask the sender to resend it to our standard fax machine, all went well.

And there we have it. No matter how much I prod our IT people, they throw the "I told you so!" up in my face. They are not interested in a product that requires me to wait for replies from users groups and this issue in particular wasn't solved at all. Too bad because I was really looking forward to rolling this out for the entire company. But they are headed into talks with other vendors now.

At least I will keep using my HylaFAX server at home but they are making me take it down here at the office. Even sending faxes with it will not be an option for much longer.

Thanks to all of you who offered advice. Good luck!

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions