From: The Duke Has You [mailto:thedukehasyou@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 4 March 2004 1:49 AM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] external v.92 us robotics model 5601

Hi to all.

I have read extensively on this mailing list and have yet to find a
solution
for my problem.

I run Mandrake 9.2 (kernel 2.4.22-10mdk) with hylafax-server 4.1.6-3mdk.

My modem is an external us robotics v.92 model 5686e, class 1 (ati0 code

5601, and ati3 is "U.S. Robotics 56K FAX EXT V5.4.58") in ttyS0. The
firmware is upgraded to the latest version. My environment is to be send

only (considering send-receive). But the problem is produced with either

faxgetty or faxmodem.

When I send a fax (from sendfax, local hylafax client or windows box),
it
gets queued,  shows in whfc and in /var/spool/fax/sendq. My faxstat -dli
is
as pasted below. My modem configuration are also pasted below.

The document never gets to go out and eventually disappears from sendq.
NO
LOG IS PRODUCED (??? I wonder here if I made a mistake)The PS is on the
docq
untill next reboot or maintenance.

Any suggestions on the next step?

Marc Arbour

------------start paste
[root@serveurfax root]# faxstat -dli
HylaFAX version 4.1.6 built Thu Sep 18 12:18:22 CEST 2003 for
i586-mandrake-linux-gnu
FaxMaster: root
root
HylaFAX scheduler on serveurfax: Running
Modem ttyS0 (+1.450.688.1892): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
16   127 F   root 4506510788    0:0   0:12
[root@serveurfax root]# rpm -q hylafax-server hylafax-server-4.1.6-3mdk

ModemAnswerCmd:         AT+FCLASS=1A
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2
ModemMfrQueryCmd:       !USR
ModemModelQueryCmd:     ATI3
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1
ModemRate:              19200 (remark: I set this rate slower to test
communication)
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4
ModemRevQueryCmd:       ATI7
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=0
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1
Class1NFLOCmd:          AT&H0&I0&R1
Class1HFLOCmd:          AT&H1&I0&R2
Class1SFLOCmd:          ""
Class1ResponseWaitCmd:  AT+FRS=1

/dev/null
  *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx*