Re: [hylafax-users] priority-based destination controls?

Hello Lee and others,

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 19:28, Lee Howard wrote:
> HylaFAX already has a priority value placed on each job.  Bulk faxes
> lose priority as they are attempted and non-bulk faxes gain priority
> similarly, and since bulk faxes start at a lesser priority than normal
> jobs, bulk faxing shouldn't interfere with regular faxing.

I know about this feature, I'm using it, but I think it can't do what I
want.

My current destcontrols file looks like this:

^[+]4822	TimeOfDay = "0800-1800"
^[+]48          TimeOfDay = "1800-0755"

The idea is to send +4822 call during the daytime only, and all others
at night (1800-0755), because of the tariff structure.

Now I want my high priority faxes to be sent out immediately
irrespecitve of time of day, that is as if the destcontrols TimeOfDay
limitations did not apply.

Speaking configuration file language, my dream feature would look like
this:

bulk:^[+]48	TimeOfDay = "1800-0755"
high:^[+]48	TimeOfDay = "Any"

Now as far as I understand, you can't use the call's priority level to
set time of day restrictions, and the left hand side is matched against
the phone number only.

An option would be to do the following:

^X[+]48		TimeOfDay = "Any"		// note leading X
^[+]48		TimeOfDay = "1800-0755"

And twist the dialrules file so that the leading X would not be stripped
from canonical form of the phone number, so that they would be taken
into account when browsing through destcontrols. Then adjust the sending
software so that X would be inserted into the phone number for high
priority faxes.

But that would cause a number of possible problems, for example
X+48221231234 and +48221231234 would be two different destinations -
meaning you can send faxes to both of them at the same time.

Anyone knows a better way to restrict TimeOfDay for bulk faxes only?

regards,

Michal