Re: [hylafax-users] priority-based destination controls?

On 2003.12.16 08:23 Michal Rok wrote:
Hello,

I'm using destcontrols to force bulk faxes to go out at certain times
of
day, namely 1800-0800 to reduce the cost.

I just started using the same machine for higher priority faxes, i.e.
invoices. I would like to introduce a destcontrols rule that forces
faxes to
go out after 6pm, but only as long as they are "bulk" priority. Is
there a
way to achieve this? I was considering adding a special character in
the
canonical phone number, that would be stripped off at dialing and
would
indicate high priority (different destcontrols), but I'd rather avoid
messing up the xferstats that would show this spoiled entry (i.e.
+48221234123 for low priority, +48221234123X for high priority) as a
legitimate number. Is there an easier way to do it?

HylaFAX already has a priority value placed on each job. Bulk faxes lose priority as they are attempted and non-bulk faxes gain priority similarly, and since bulk faxes start at a lesser priority than normal jobs, bulk faxing shouldn't interfere with regular faxing.