[hylafax-users] OT: RedHat Was: from RPM to CVS

On 2003.12.02 12:40 Stephen Arnold wrote:
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 12:33, Lee Howard wrote:
[snip]

> I'm always happy to share my CVS-built RPMs with anyone that asks
for
> them.  I also usually add some development (not yet CVS-worthy)
patches
> also, so my RPMs aren't for everyone.  Of course, I may only do this

> until April (at which point RedHat discontinues support for all
> non-enterprise versions), and then I may need to find a new distro
> (Debian?, unless some other organization picks up where RedHat is
> halting support).

What about fedora? Were you planning to migrate in that direction?

I've looked only briefly at Fedora. I've not yet found anyone who was going to migrate that way. I've seen people migrating to RedHat Enterprise, to Debian, to SuSE, to Mac OS X (strangely enough), to FreeBSD, etc... but I've yet to find anyone who actually will be migrating to Fedora. So, really, I just don't know enough about how Fedora will work to want to spend the time to try out the "hobbyist" version when it would be just as easy for me to migrate to something like Debian that I already understand well enough to know what to expect.

Will Fedora release security updates? Will up2date work with Fedora? Is "Fedora" just a new name for "RawHide"?

I just have too many questions about Fedora to opt that way over say, Debian.