Re: [hylafax-users] Keepng the cover page in the log

* Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031127 21:06]:
> Forgive my not commenting on this earlier (in one of its incantations,
> since I think this has been reposted), I didn't really understand the
> question.
>
> As I now understand it, you want notify to recall the "regarding"
> information that was placed on the fax cover sheet.
>
> This is not really possible because the coversheet is created by the
> client program and not the server.  The server doesn't realize that the
> cover sheet is actually a cover sheet, it just sees it as another
> document to fax.
>
> In theory you could have notify try to "read" the "regarding"
> information off of the documents for the fax, but that could involve
> OCR (if the cover sheet is TIFF) or some PostScript programming
> expertise (if the cover sheet is PostScript).  It would be ugly.

An even larger problem is the discrepancy with how "cover" pages are
submitted by hfaxd, and handled by faxq.

clients submitting "cover" documents with the COVER command (instead of
DOCUMENT) command have them stuck in docq like so:
	docJID.cover

A normal document is put in like this:
	docSEQ.ext.JID

That way, if more than one job use the same document, they are all
hardlinked (requiring only one copy, and one "converted copy", but
processing another job can't remove the one needed for this job)

faxq, when "unreferencing" unneeded documents properly handles the
docSEQ.ext.JID, and nicely unlinks the docJID.cover for you.

a.
aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,