[hylafax-users] Problem with archive script, documents missing (maybe bug)

Hey List,

	we have been running Hylafax (4.1.5) for several months
now, it works great but there is a small remark.

From time to time we loose ps files, not inside hylafax but
when running faxqclean. Faxqclean showed me it was removing
files from the docq after it archived the job and it was not
moving the ps file to the job archive directory as expected.

Three examples:

Job 27671
-> last fax attempt : 21:36
-> archived: 22:00
	(faxqclean message: JOB 27671: archive (default).)
-> removal of ps file also at 22:00
	(faxqlean message: docq/doc27692.ps.27671: file has no
matching sendq/q27671 DOC docq/doc27692.ps.27671:
unreferenced document removed. )

Job 27778
-> last fax attempt: 23:03
->archived: 23:30
	(faxqclean message: JOB 27778: archive (default).)
-> removal of ps file also at 23:30
	(faxqlean message: docq/doc27799.ps.27778: file has no
matching sendq/q27778 DOC docq/doc27799.ps.27778:
unreferenced document removed. )

Job 27798
-> last fax attempt: 23:21
-> archived: 23:30
	(faxqclean message: JOB 27798: archive (default).)
-> removal of ps file also at 23:30
	(faxqclean message: docq/doc27819.ps.27798: file has no
matching sendq/q27798 DOC docq/doc27819.ps.27798:
unreferenced document removed.)

After digging around I believe to have found the error in
the bin/archive script, it grep's the q file with the
following regex:
"^!postscript:|^!tiff:|^!pcl:|^!pdf:|^!data:". Checking the
q file of the job's mentioned above with the regex did not
show the ps file because it has the following reference to
the ps file: "postscript:0::docq/doc27819.ps.27798" and not
as the script expects
"!postscript:0::docq/doc27819.ps.27798". I have changed the
regex to
"^!postscript:|^!tiff:|^!pcl:|^!pdf:|^!data:|^postscript:"
and have not seen 1 file missing (of course it did not
happen that often and maybe Murphy's still waiting to
strike). I have no idea to what purpose the exclamation mark
is putted in the q file, if someone knows, please enlighten
me.

I would like to ask the list for confirmation of this
problem. As we are running 4.1.5 I have checked the 4.1.8
source and it's still the same archive script. I could not
find a report on this in bugzilla.

Kind regards,

Hans Zimmerman

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.