Re: [hylafax-users] Keepng the cover page in the log

On 2003.11.27 18:14 Nigel Allen wrote:
Hi Lee

No need to apologise - the hair went white twenty years ago <grin>

Yes - I realise the size of the ask.

I know of one way - I can run ps2ascii on the postscript cover sheet
and grep
for the requisite string (I think). The problem seems to be that when
the fax
goes into the "done" queue, the header page is discarded. All I end up
with
is a postcript document of the body and the "q" file with all of the
info.

Yes. I was a bit misleading in my last comments. The server does know that it's a cover sheet. The server doesn't know the contents of the cover sheet, however. I didn't remember that the server deletes the cover sheets. I suppose that it does. In that case you'd either need to alter faxq from deleting the cover sheet, or get WHFC to mark the "cover sheet" as just another document rather than specifying it as the cover sheet.

Now if only I could get the "regarding" into the q file......

I guess this is looking more like a WHFC issue than a HylaFAX one?

Depending on the approach you want to take. The issue you're having is more of a conflict against the data-flow design that the original HylaFAX creator envisoned. Apparently he didn't think that the cover sheet had any archival value. I've seen numerous people in the past years, however, that feel otherwise.