Re: [hylafax-users] Setting Inbound Capabilities on a per/senderBasis?

On 2003.06.09 13:34 Bill Binko wrote:

> However, is there a benefit to using Class 1 over Class2.0?

That depends on if you're experiencing any problems with Class 2.0 and
if you use any Class 2.0 features that aren't present in HylaFAX's
Class 1 implementation.

In your case (MT5634 series) you'd miss out on RTFCC, ECM, and MMR
support but you'd also miss out on the error.

> I believe
> that I am only getting the errors when I am using connections > 14.4K
> (i.e. Class2.1/V.34fax/whatever the right name for high-speed faxing
> is).  I should be able to drop down to Class2.0 with the a simple
> config
> setting, correct?

Yes, if the error is only with V.34 ("Super G3") faxes, then it could
be alleviated by re-running faxaddmodem and selecting Class 2.0.

You could use a combined Class 2.0+Class 2.1 config file to send in
Class 2.1 while receiving in Class 2.0.

However, both of these would be more easily accomplished with:

ModemAnswerCmd:  "AT+FCC=,5;A"

That would restrict your modem from receiving V.34-faxes and should
force all callers to use V.17 (14400) as the ceiling.