Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax vs mgetty and sendfax

> Does that handle auto-login from Windows clients?
>
> Do they all login under one username or are can all users use their own user
> id and password?

I'm not an expert here, but I have created a login script for Windows dialup
networking that I use with my Windows machine at home to use the PPP login at
my office, so I can piggyback with the office network to the Internet.  This
uses the 'ppp-dialin' account to log in, since I want my regular login to give
me a shell.  So in my current configuration, all dial up users would use the
same user ID and password.

But each user account could separately invoke the PPP startup
script, too. It all depends on how you want to set it up.

> Does anyone know if there are advantages to Hylafax that justify the switch
> from mgetty and sendfax?

You don't get modem pooling with mgetty+sendfax.  From their info page:
"Sendfax is very primitive--no spool management, no format conversion,
etc."  So if you have multiple computers and want to send faxes from all of
them, but don't want to equip each with a modem, Hylafax is for you.