Re: [hylafax-users] HELP!!!!! SambaFax

> Has anyone on the list gotten SambaFax to work correctly with HylaFax &
> Cups.  The script is here
>
> http://www.purpel3.com/sambafax/cups_4m.php
>
> I followed the directions to a TEE with no success.
>
> Can anyone on the list recommend an alternative solution.  We would just
> like to share a printer in Samba that sends the output to HylaFax.  We
> would also prefer not to install any software on the client end.
>
> Any help would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED!
> IRV

Irv--

I did in fact get things working but it was definitely a bit of a pain.  I
ended up marrying the sambafax stuff for cups and then used FAX4CUPs for
part of my stuff as well.  Then I just had to get the postscript generic
print driver from Adobe, and everything seemed to basically work.

I hardly ever use it however.  What is your main problem?

I am not at home right now to see/remember what I did, but I can look
tonight.  What exactly are you having problems with?  Is cups seeing the
hylafax printer?  I seriously think you shoudl combine the script for
hylafax that Samba2fax uses, and then rely on FAX4CUPS for the rest of the
setup with cups.

Sunil