Re: [hylafax-users] Convert to pdf stopped working:

Joe wrote:

> Greetings.  We have been using hylafax for about 2 months now with no
> problems.  We have a fax admin that receives all faxes as .pdf
> attachments by FaxDispatch script.

> This was all working great until now.
>  There have been no changes to hylafax since this started working, but
> today, it sends .pdf files but they are corrupted.  I had to revert back
> to sending them as .tif attachments until I get the .pdf problem
> resolved.  Could anyone tell me what has went wrong, where to look, and
> what I need to do to fix it?? (I've checked the logs and they all seem
> to think that hylafax receives the faxes just fine.).  Please advise.

The most likely culprit is that the scripts called by faxrcvd.sh, namely
tiff2ps or ps2pdf, have been updated or corrupted and this is causing your
problem.

Basically hylafax does not of course do its own conversions from tiff, but
uses system installed executables.  If these are hosed, your pdfs are
hosed.

See if with the same files, you have the same problem with tiff2ps and
then ps2pdf done manually.

Sunil