Re: [hylafax-users] Update on Problem with Distinctive Ring-- hacked faxgetty

> Hmmm... how do you restart faxgetty after a recompilation? Do you 'make
> install' than restart faxgetty? Do you copy the executable manually? Do
> you run it directly from the source tree? ModemClass is part of
> libfaxserver.so (you're on linux, right?) so if you do not 'make
> install', you must make sure faxgetty will link with the new
> libfaxserver.so library... Can you make sure you don't have more than
> one of this library installed
> (/usr/local/lib and /usr/lib?)... Does libfaxserver.so points to the
> current libfaxserver.so.4.?.? version?

I believe you have hit on the issue.  I probably need to do a make install
and this is likely the cause of all my woes.  I had thought I was
statically linking but now that I relook at things this is probably not
the case.

I was running faxgetty out of my source directory directly so i could
monitor it.  Changes to faxgetty's main routines were fine, but to
ModemClass were just like hitting a brick wall.  I had thought I had
reinstalled the right libraries, but not necessarily.

Stay tuned, will give you more info shortly.

Sunil