Re: [hylafax-users] Update on Problem with Distinctive Ring-- hacked faxgetty

Lee-

Patrice's explanation + fix has not solved the problem.  As I was
suspecting looking at his indication and looking at my symptoms, they
are not one in the same thing.  I added the patch, rebuilt, etc., but
even looking at the patch, it was obvious it was not targeting my issue.

It is still the case that when I use distinctive rings, with my two
rings being "RING A" and "RING B", and when I set RingFax: "RING B", I
still am getting hylafax answering with RING A.

The fact that CID was being set with Ring data told me that there is
somewhat of a bug in parsing the incoming modem data stream. That
somehow even though I did not have CID set on for my modem, hylafax was
still parsing the first string as CID information.

In any event, I will continue to try debugging rather than use my less
than optimal hack.  Unfortunately though I am a C person, I am not a C++
programmer.

Sunil