Re: [hylafax-users] mail to fax not working

junus chandra said:

> Dear all.
>
> I'm using Linuxppc Kernel 2.4.10, Hylafax 4.1.2
> I can send and receive fax now.
> The problem is I can't send an email as a fax
> I have edited my sendmail.cf file and do as I should
> to do (just like instructions in
> http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/sendmail-faxmail-mangling.php)
>
> especially i just edited the sendmail.cf
>
> and then I try to send a mail to my self (my fax
> address)
>
> #mail myc@25342xx.fax
> and then I give some letter there, but the mail still
> doesnt came as a fax to my machine.
>
> Sendmail log is :
> Aug  9 18:41:07 openlab sendmail[12348]: g799f7a12346:
> to=myc@25342xx.fax, ctladdr=root (0/0),
> delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=smtp,
> pri=30053, relay=2534238.fax., dsn=4.0.0,
> stat=Deferred: Name server: 25342xx.fax.: host name
> lookup failure
>
> I dont know how to fix this, the mail client (mail
> program) or sendmail couldn't recognize my 25342xx.fax
> address, host name lookup failure.
>
> Can someone give me hints about this problem ?
>
> TIA.

> http://www.hotjobs.com
This sounds like you don't have your faxserver defined as a fax relay in
your sendmail config. I don't personally try to edit the .cf file in
sendmail, I wimp out and go with m4. This is in the .mc file on our database
box that sends email faxes:

define(`FAX_RELAY',`smtp:my.server.name')dnl

After it gets m4'ed, it looks like this in my .cf

# FAX relay host
DFsmtp:my.server.name
CPFAX

This allows your sending machine to know to forward all email for the .fax
pseudo-domain to my.server.name.

HTH
Josh