Re: [hylafax-users] faxing word files

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:07:02 -0400 (EDT), <anthonyd@rhsonline.net> wrote:

>have to pass is the same as the filename.  Also, is there a way to set
>this up to do a whole bunch of files in a directory? I need to be able to
>send them all at once by a simple user task (click this button, run this
>command) etc

Can't you ask to the people that wanted mapi to produce word docs and then
print them automatically through some sort of macro/ole to a printer you
define as postscript printing to file (there are examples of this in the
whfc pages)?
This way you would have on Windows a dir full of
<faxno1>.ps (or .prn)
<faxno2>.ps

This was you can, on unix/linux, mount the windows dir and

for i in /path/*.ps
do
	faxno= basename of $i , and some "sed" to get the faxno
	sendfax .... -d $faxno $i
done

Or you can ask them to directly interface with the whfc ole server so that
fax will be sent directly, withouth further intervention.

--
giulioo@pobox.com