Re: [hylafax-users] faxing word documents

Hi Anthony,

> I got the guys at byrequest to see if we could talk to the hylafax server.
>  they said its not MAPI compliant, so pretty much no, but they could write
> the files that are faxed to ms word documents.  Just faxing these from the
> command line gives an error, but if i go into word an print to file, i can
> fax those fine.  Is there any program (windows or linux.. preferably linux
> though) to batch convert a whole bunch of files from ms word to prn or ps
> so that hylafax can fax them?

Use WHFC to do this under windows and you get a normal hylafax printer.
It's a bit tricky because people offen expect that the get
a "ready to use Printer". That WHFC does, is to create a printer port
which a printer can connect to.

Do the following:

Install WHFC with printer support.
Install a new postscript printer (i. E. Apple LaserWriter)
Connect this printer with the WHFC printer port.
That's it.

Best regards,

Carsten

Keiner