[hylafax-users] faxing word documents

we are using a program called by request to talk to our hp3k.  this
program was using winfax pro to fax the documents out (it creates an
overlay w/ an image, then sends it) but we would like to use hylafax (its
much more stable and its faster)
I got the guys at byrequest to see if we could talk to the hylafax server.
 they said its not MAPI compliant, so pretty much no, but they could write
the files that are faxed to ms word documents.  Just faxing these from the
command line gives an error, but if i go into word an print to file, i can
fax those fine.  Is there any program (windows or linux.. preferably linux
though) to batch convert a whole bunch of files from ms word to prn or ps
so that hylafax can fax them?
thanks,

Anthony