Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Rings and general CID processing.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 06:50:21PM -0400, jim@svgim.com wrote:
> If there's no other way, i don't mind a patched version of faxgetty, i just
> don't have the expertise to do it. Isn't this something many people might
> like.. Full CID logging regardless if it is a FaxRing, VoiceRing,
> DataRing.. Ability to log to database or page.
>
> go4it!

If it rings someone else's chimes, no doubt they will.

Frankly, I tend to agree with you that it might be a good idea; I'm not
a good enough coder to do it either.

If it's worth enough to *you*, I have no doubt in my mind you can find
someone here to take your money to make those changes; you might even
be surprised how much it wouldn't cost.

But the cheerleader approach isn't likely to work real well...
something you'd know if you'd gone back over the list archives a bit.

If you consider it a bug that defining FaxRing loses you the log CNID
data for voice calls that you'd get if you only defined Ring, then hang
a bug on BugZilla and see if it gets you anywhere.

Or, you might just try defining Ring as "RING 2" or whatever your modem
returns on the fax ring...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")