Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Rings and general CID processing.

                    "Jay R. Ashworth"
                    <jra@baylink.com>             To:     hylafax-users@hylafax.org
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    hylafax-users-bounce@h        Subject:     Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Rings
                    ylafax.org                    and general CID processing.

                    07/15/2002 03:34 PM

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 12:50:30PM -0400, jim@svgim.com wrote:
>  I have a phone service with CID and distinctive ring ,and my modem
> supports both features. What I want to do is:
>
> 1. Log all CID information from both numbers to syslog. This seems
> easy to accomplish using CIDNumber and CIDName. I have this working
>
> 2. Only answer RingFax line. If i specify RingFax i loose CID info on
> RingVoice, If I specify both RingFax and RingVoice, i get CID info
> but I answer bot the Fax and Voice rings. I want Central Office based
> voice maile to pick up the Voice calls.

>>>Hmmm...

> 3. Get the number of Rings along with CID infomation. I'd like to pass
> the CID info and number of rings to an external script. I know I can
> use cron based postprocessing of syslog for the CID info provided I
> can get it on botn Voice and Fax. I like to also know the number of
> rings. If a call has more than a certain number of rings, the caller
> probably left a voicemail. I would like to send a page with the CID
> information based on the number of ring.

>>Yeah, if specifying RingFAX loses you the log info on voice calls, then
>>I'm not sure you'll be able to get from there to here without patching
>>faxgetty.

If there's no other way, i don't mind a patched version of faxgetty, i just
don't have the expertise to do it. Isn't this something many people might
like.. Full CID logging regardless if it is a FaxRing, VoiceRing,
DataRing.. Ability to log to database or page.

go4it!