Re: [hylafax-users] COMREC invalid command received/no DIS or DTC (code 23)

On 2002.07.15 17:30 Gunther Wenzel Cyster wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I get this message (the one in the subject) from one Fax destination only
> (so far) - all other 100+ faxes I have sent are OK.  Right after dialing
> I get FCON and then about 30 seconds later a REMOTE HANGUP with that
> message.
>
> I would appreciate anybody explaining what it means and if it is my fault
> or the remote side's.
>
> I use HylaFAX 4.1.2 on Slackware 8 (2.2.19) with RC32ACL Class 2 modem.

You'd need to contact the modem manufacturer about what "+FHS:23" means
and if they have a firmware fix and if you can get the firmware.  Most
likely, though, the answer is either no, there is no firmware fix, or no
you can't get the firmware.

So, the answer is to use Class 1... at least for that destination by using
DestControls... which will require you to create a "Class 1/2 merged"
etc/config.<devid> file if the Class 1 requires any non-default
settings... if you don't want to switch entirely to Class 1.