Re: [hylafax-users] Small typeface faxing from filepro

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:28:26PM -0400, wvaughan wrote:
> We have a report that we really like the layout of, and would like to fax
> the form using hylafax instead of printing it on paper.
> Currently we are printing the detail lines of the
> report using 16.6 CPI PCL codes, and the headers and footers at 10 CPI.
>
> However, my hylafax skillset limits me to only one size AFAIK.
>
> Does anyone who faxes filepro reports using hylafax, change point sizes in the
> middle of the fax? How did you encode the changes?

I pretend to be a hylafax guy, so I'll chime in.

The default thing to translate text to postscript in HF is called
textfmt, and it's called from the typerules file.

So far as I'm aware, it provides no facilities whatever for setting
font and size except on it's command line.

I *think* enscript might be able to do this, and there are a couple of
other programs like it; you'd probably find them near one another in a
Google search for "text to postscript converters", and I know I saw a
list of them just this week, but I'm damned if I remember where.

I've carboned this to the -users list, maybe someone there can help,
too.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")