Re: [hylafax-users] Small typeface faxing from filepro

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:00:26 -0400, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:28:26PM -0400, wvaughan wrote:
>> We have a report that we really like the layout of, and would like to fax
>> the form using hylafax instead of printing it on paper.
>> Currently we are printing the detail lines of the
>> report using 16.6 CPI PCL codes, and the headers and footers at 10 CPI.
>>
>> However, my hylafax skillset limits me to only one size AFAIK.
>>
>> Does anyone who faxes filepro reports using hylafax, change point sizes in the
>> middle of the fax? How did you encode the changes?
Use a perl script to substitute the pcl commands for 16.6 and 10 with
enscript escape sequences.
ie:
^@font{CourierBold@11.85}  80cars/row (10cpi)
^@font{CourierBold@6.97/11} 136cars/row

We use a constant (in this case 948), which we divide by 96, 80, 136 to get
the enscript font@<number> so that all characters pitch are proportionally
changed by changing the constant.

Then feed the file to enscript and get ps to send to HylaFAX.

--
giulioo@pobox.com