Re: [hylafax-users] Query about multi-modem fax server

John...

1 - What you would get is multiple CO trunks from your phone company.
 Lets say you want 4 lines in hunt.  You would get 4 lines :555-1234,
555-1235, 555-1236, and 555-1237.  These lines would be placed into a
"hunt group" by the phone company with 555-1234 being the 'lead' number.
 So you will have 4 physical lines coming into your facility to connect
to the modems.

2 - The miltiport cards will require a driver that allows the linux
kernel to see the ports on the card as seperate tty ports.  i.e. on my 8
port digi card, I have ttyD0 - ttyD7 that corrispond to the ports on the
card.  The tty ports for your card may be differnet depending on the
manufacture and driver used.  Consult the Serial-HOWTO.  Just as a side
note,  if the machine that you are going to use has USB ports on it,
that may be a less costly and more practicle way to put multiple modems
on your machine.  I have set up a hylafax server with multible USB
modems and it works great.

3- I have used multitech modems very successfully for a Hylafax Fax
server.  From what I have read, they are also one of the prefered modem
types to use.   Most recently I have used the 3COM USR Sportster V.90
USB modems and they have not given me any trouble when used as a Class 1
Fax device, running Hylafax 4.1 on RedHat 7.2.

Hope that helps!

Jason