[hylafax-users] Query about multi-modem fax server

I intend to set up a multiple modem fax server.
(a) Server to run RedHat Linux 7.2
(b) Current RedHat HylaFAX RPM.

From reviewing the archives, it appears that it is useful to
use external modems (because they can be reset w/out needing
to reboot the Linux host) attached to a multiport serial
card such as those made by www.cyclades.com.

I intend to have a trunk line, set up to "call hunt" by the
phone company so that inbound calls can use the same fax
number. That is, if I have 8 inbound lines, then when
simultaneous inbound calls occur they should "roll over" to
the next available line.

Questions:
(1) If I have a trunk line coming in, how does that split
into the multiple lines I would need if I had separate
external modems? Obviously, if the trunk line ended in a
standard phone jack, that is only a single line
(physically). So how does this work? Anyone who has dealt
with the physical hooking up of a phone system WITH A SINGLE
NUMBER that gets rolled over to separate modems, I would
like to hear what is involved here.
(2) Now, assuming there is no problem there and that the
trunk splits into multiple lines, one to each modem, and
each modem is then hooked up via a serial cable to a
multiport serial card, what are the mechanics of telling
HylaFAX that there are several modems on the same serial
port? I don't actually know what happens when you add one of
these multiport cards to system. Does Linux then see several
serial devices instead of a single serial device?
(3) Finally, I am posting this message in this manner so
that I can avoid posting a bunch of "help help help"
messages later. I would please like to get suggestions on
modems that work with multiport cards. I have read that
Multitech 2834ZDX modems work with the Cyclades 8Y0 card.
But the posting was not recent. Does anyone have any recent
experience where they can say - yes, this model external
modem will work with this model multiport serial card
because you have done it and have it running - preferably
with RedHat 7.x.
So please post suggestions.
Regards,
John Tullis