Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and sambafax not working

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Gary MacKay wrote:

> RedHat 7.2
> Hylafax-4.1.2
> Samba-2.2.4-1
>
> I have searched and followed every mail archive relating to this and
> still can not get it to work. I can fax from a Windows client through
> WHFC and Cypheus just fine. I can not get faxing through samba to work
> tho. By putting echo statements in the sambafax script, it appears that
> none of the variables are being filled. Checking the
> /var/spool/lpd/faxlp/status.faxlp file, I see and error "'sendfax: No
> destination specified.". I sent the output of the echo statements to
> /tmp/parms. Checking that file I see the -d parameter as
> "-d/var/spool/lpd/faxlp" which is incorrect for the <destination>
> parameter. Where am I going wrong? I have followed the instructions on
> the hylafax web site, and the ones on the sambafax web site. I have
> found numerous people with the same problem in the archives, but no
> solution.

I had the same problem and my solution was modify the script and fill
Mailto to the user I want to mail the notifications and rewrite the line
with the sendfax command.

If you need different users I suggest you to define several printers, one
for user and fill the MailTo according with the user.

Hope this helps.

Frank.

--
Francisco J. Soler