[hylafax-users] hylafax setup problems.

Hi,

Am trying to setup HylaFAX on RedHat Linux 7.1.

I follow foll sequence of steps:

1. faxaddmodem ttyS0
<followed by the usual settings, all defaults selected>
2. The program decides that the optimum speed for the modem is 33.4K
3. Next it asks to choose between Class 1 and 2.... choosen 2

(i'm going to test only fax sending)
4. faxsetup

5. now when I do faxstat, I get a single liner reply:
"HylaFAX scheduler is running" (or something like that)

however as per the instructions on the wen-site, i'm expecting
another line saying something like "Modem is running" as well,
it never shows up.

6. when I do: sendfax -n -d /etc/passwd,
the fax gets queued, but the modem is not dialled.

What could be the problem? How do i go about diagnosing it?

Also strangely, minicom also doesn't initialize the modem properly.
This was happening before I carried out the above mentioned steps,
and now even after rebooting minicom doesn't initialize modem.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!!

Thanks,
~ Amol

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions