Re: [hylafax-users] Some TIFF's have bad pages

> I remember digging around a while ago, and found something about Kodac
> viewers and TIFF compression types causing problems? I can't remember where
> I found that link! Anyway, if this were the case, wouldn't all attempts to
> view a fax fail?

under certain circumstances you can force hylfax to write correctly encoded TIFF files
to disk (which may have distortions in them because fax transmission is not
reliable in general) but which can be shown by imaging without poping up an error.

search the archive for
 2D-MMR
 copy quality control
 reliable
or similar words.

man config for "2D-MMR"

I receive (very low volume) with a Zyxel 1496E in Class 2.0 without imaging poping up errors
but with (very very seldomly) visual distortions.

Bernd