Re: [hylafax-users] Some TIFF's have bad pages

At 09:30 AM 4/22/2002 +0200, Bernd Proissl wrote:
> > I remember digging around a while ago, and found something about Kodac
> > viewers and TIFF compression types causing problems? I can't remember
> where
> > I found that link! Anyway, if this were the case, wouldn't all attempts to
> > view a fax fail?
>
>under certain circumstances you can force hylfax to write correctly
>encoded TIFF files
>to disk (which may have distortions in them because fax transmission is not
>reliable in general) but which can be shown by imaging without poping up
>an error.

So you are saying that if I have a tiff image that is cut-off, say half-way
down, then that is most probably the result of a bad fax transmission?
Wouldn't that be detected by Hylafax as a bad fax page and either result in
the other side resending the page or Hylafax dropping that page? What is
the expected behavior of Hylafax in this type of situation?

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams