Re: [hylafax-users] whfc, faq #3 "WHFC hangs", vpn

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> I have this problem
> http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2000-03/msg00125.php
> http://www.transcom.de/whfc/whfc_faq.php #3
>
> PlaceA
> HylaFAX, local lan, whfc works ok
>
> PlaceB
> WinXP PC, which connects to the Internet and then vpn (pptp) to PlaceA.
> The WinXP PC gets a public ip, and a private vpn ip from the vpn server
> which is in PlaceA.

Hi,

you are aware that this windows box may be used to tunnel via vpn
in the internal server?

> whfc on WinXp pc, connects to private ip of HylaFAX server (PlaceA) and
> issue "PORT <public ip>", so that it gets no response from HylaFAX.
> whfc gets HylaFAX banners when telnetting into HylaFAX server; and also can
> download files via ftp.
>
> The faq advise to adjust routing, but I cannot route HylaFAX to public ip.

You can try a "dirty trick" (haven't tested it on XP).

Have a look in your network setup and deinstall the
"first" network device. Thenreinstall this device.
With a little luck whfc will bindnow to the other
network device. If this doesn't helptry to deinstall
and then reinstall the other device.

If you can change the routing on all this gateways and the
pulic and vpn ip address is static you can try to set a
hostroute.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Transcom
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de              http://www.transcom.de