Re: [hylafax-users] whfc, faq #3 "WHFC hangs", vpn

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:44:47 -0400, Jeff Herring <jeffh@sldsi.com> wrote:

>Although I didn't investigate fully...Just an observation...
>Many clients of ours have firewalls/VPN boxes that will block
>all IP ports and permit just a few...Are your HylaFAX ports (4559, etc.)
>being allowed to pass through the VPN/firewall?

Actually port 4559 is not open on the external interface of PlaceA, only the
vpn ports are. All connections should be tunnelled into the vpn (all ports
are allowed inside vpn); 4559 is open on the internal interface of the
HylaFAX server, and the winxp client gets the HylaFAX banner so that it
manages to get through 4559; but then it tells HylaFAX "send me data on my
<public_ip>", but HylaFAX can only reach the private/vpn address of the
client, and so the connection stalls.

--
giulioo@pobox.com