Re: [hylafax-users] whfc, faq #3 "WHFC hangs", vpn

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:19:05 +0200, Ulrich Eckhardt
<Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de> wrote:

>> WinXP PC, which connects to the Internet and then vpn (pptp) to PlaceA.

>you are aware that this windows box may be used to tunnel via vpn
>in the internal server?
Teorically yes, but do you think risk is very high?
Are you talking about Win pptp vpn in particular?

>You can try a "dirty trick" (haven't tested it on XP).
>Have a look in your network setup and deinstall the
>"first" network device. Thenreinstall this device.
I'll try this and if it works I will report on the list, thanks.

>If you can change the routing on all this gateways and the
>pulic and vpn ip address is static you can try to set a
>hostroute.
Where to put the route?
Are you saying to use in the client
add route to <private ip address of server> through <vpn device>
?

Thanks

--
giulioo@pobox.com