Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + WAN

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>>>It would likely be comp.dcom.telecom or .tech... but I wasn't aware
>>>that you could timeslot-split a PRI the way you can on a T-1, where all
>>>the signalling is in-band.
>>>
>>Well, I got 1 ISDN/PRI coming in, two ISDN/PRI going out, 4 ISDN/BRI
>>going out, and 8 POTS going  out.  The Adtran does all its magic, and
>>everyone thinks they have 23 PRI channels available.  It works  - maybe
>>it is magic.  Heck, Adtran charges enough for it to BE magic.  OTOH,
>>they are by far the best company I've ever worked with for support.
>>

>Wicked-pissa-cool.  I had no idea.  Part number?

Any  of the Adtran Atlas products.  I have the "baby" - the 550.  There
is also an 800 and (I think) an 810.  Add a zero to the model number and
you have a fair idea of the price ;-)

The one I got was the "video-conferencing bundle".  This comes with a
gazillion cables, the quad ISDN/BRI card, an ISDN/PRI network
connection, and an ISDN/PRI user connection.  The other stuff we added
as time went on.  IIRC the Adtran can convert from T-1 signaling to PRI
signaling and back; it also converts from/to all the various switches
out there.  It really is a very, very slick box.

It is basically a router for phone numbers, so it has a routing table
that sends all my faxes to one pair of ISDN BRIs, a bunch of DIDs to the
PBX, another bunch of fax numbers to the POTS lines for analog faxes,
etc.  It even lets you  set up "failover" routing - if my PBX goes down,
all the DIDs are automatically routed to the pre-assigned POTS lines.

--Yan

--
Yan Seiner
President, Cardinal Engineering, Inc.

spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq
(see http://www.paganini.net/ask)