Re: [hylafax-users] Routing faxes to other fax servers based on phone number

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 08:54:22AM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> > In designing a HylaFAX least-cost-routing solution, we should be aware
> > of these problems and try to learn from them.
>
> Agreed.  Other than the hfaxd communication being in cleartext, do you
> dislike its authentication method otherwise?
>
> > I wonder if we should consider integrating crypto into such a solution.
> > Say for example, we only allow signed fax jobs to enter the network.
> > Servers
> > have public/private keys assigned, etc.
> >
> > it can get complicated.
>
> Yes, it can.

So, I guess this is the target enhancement for HylaFAX 5, then?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")