Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:19:46PM -0500, Geoff Silver wrote:
> I'm wondering if this is an issue specifically with this fax machine, or
> if it is more common.  Have others seen these sorts of errors?  If so,
> were you able to fix it?  Faxes from hylafax to itself (there are several
> modems) work fine, as do faxes sent to an e-fax number.  However, I assume
> most people receiving faxes will be using a regular fax machine, and I
> don't want this to present a problem.

It's my understanding from Lee, one of our current operational leads,
that the *latest* HF production release, 4.1.1, is almost proof against
this sort of thing...

> Other details:  Debian Linux (Stable/Potato), latest stable Debian hylafax
> package, Multitech "hylafax-approved" modem (though we had the same
> problem with a set of USR 56k modems).

but that's not what you're running.  If you have compilers installed
(and libraries, etc, obviously), it might be worth your while to compile
from source.  It's not especially painful, nor time consuming, and if
that debian package is any older than 4.1.0, it's *very* likely to be
worth your while.  (I think it's 4.0pl2, it's not completely impossible
it's older.)

> Thanks for any help you can provide.  BTW, I'm not subscribed to the
> hylafax list, so if you would please make sure my address is included in
> any replies, that would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Baaaaad boy.  :-)  I've carboned this to you, but it sounds like you
would be greatly helped by following the traffic on the -users list, at
least.  And it sounds like we'd like to have you there; you give good
report.

:-)

Cheers,
- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")