Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors

> I think that these days we tend to say, "HylaFAX should work for you",
> rather than the other - which is where the difference is.  It would be my
> suggestion to remove all outdated web documents from the website, but
> there is just simply too much valuable information there (if it is
> understood under the "it's old" context) to do that.

If removal is inapropriate for whatever reason then the pages should at least
be marked as "outdated" or whatever wording may be appropriate.

If a first time hylafax user looks at the Class 1 page it says
"In summary, If you want to use a Class 1 modem with this software and
your system does not provide support for low latency serial line input
you are likely to have troubles. If your system does not provide ..."

But Class 2 says
"The Class 2 driver has been extensively tested with a wide variety of Class 2
modems. The software attempts to work around many incompatibilities..."

What would you do if you are new to the fax stuff?

Nowadays something like this should be added to the Class 1 page
"The Class 1 driver has been extensively tested with a wide variety of
Class 1 modems. A latency timing issue never (AFAIK) surfaced in the mailing lists."

and Class 2:
"These workarounds only work for certain brand/firmware version. Current/newer
model/firmware-revisions may expose new bugs which can be difficult or impossible to
workaround by hylafax code"

Bernd