Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech Missing EOL problem

Quoting Sébastien ROZIER <sebastien.rozier@cybergaia.org>:

> Thanx for the answer, what are differences between Class 1, Class 2,
> and
> Class 2.0 ?

Long discussion.  Check the archives for the details, but the jixt of the
matter is that Class 1 is largely software-driven and Class 2/2.0 is largely
hardware-driven protocol.

> In the specs, Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI.should be compliant with the
> three
> standards.

HylaFAX today works better under Class 1 than Class 2/2.0.  Whether this be
because of bugs in HylaFAX Class 2/2.0 code, frequent bugs in Class 2/2.0
firmware, or a general unreliability of Class 2/2.0, I don't know.  The point
is that Class 1 is preferred in HylaFAX these days.

> I also heard about a parameter in the config file to set the trigger
> value
> (flow control config ??). Could it help in my case ?

Huh?  I don't know, but I'm not the one to be helping anyone with Class 2/2.0
problems because I've long since stopped using it.