[hylafax-users] Re: faxgetty doesn´t respond to call

Hi,

first: thank you for all the responses:

> > >In my /etc/inittab I have added the line
> > >mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/modem
> >
> > that should be
> >
> > mo:23:respawn:/user/local/sbin/faxgetty modem

I don´t have any /user directory on my system

> > do not put /dev/ there.  Furthermore, it is a very bad practice to refer to
> > symbolic links like this (for reasons I'll care not to explain right now),
> > so, I'd recommend that you use this instead:
> >
> > mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

I used the other syntax because the line SuSE put in was using the /dev/modem syntax, but with
other paths. Anyway, I have changed that syntax.

> Just a curiosity, why "mo"? if you have 2 modems what would you use?

again, I have copied, and modified the line that SuSE had put in the file. You´re right, but at this
moment I need only one modem.

But anyway, I have changed that sequence, but it doesn´t works. In my /var/log/messages file I
can read that faxgetty is recognizing the modem (at least I can see the model and manufacturer
name).

When I call in, there is no response.

Thank you for all your help!

Wolfgang

-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- I-39012 Meran, V. Laurin-Str. 2d