[hylafax-users] Re: [hylafax-users] Re: faxgetty doesn´t respond to call

Start with the basics:

Are you sure that the number you are calling is actually the line the modem
is connected to, and that the telco is routing the calls through correctly?
Try plugging a handset into the line and calling it ...

At 07:55 PM 10/30/2001 +0100, Wolfgang Riedmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>first: thank you for all the responses:

> > > that should be
> > >
> > > mo:23:respawn:/user/local/sbin/faxgetty modem
>
>I don´t have any /user directory on my system
>
> > > do not put /dev/ there.  Furthermore, it is a very bad practice to
> refer to
> > > symbolic links like this (for reasons I'll care not to explain right
> now),
> > > so, I'd recommend that you use this instead:
> > >
> > > mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1
>
>I used the other syntax because the line SuSE put in was using the
>/dev/modem syntax, but with
>other paths. Anyway, I have changed that syntax.
>
> > Just a curiosity, why "mo"? if you have 2 modems what would you use?
>
>again, I have copied, and modified the line that SuSE had put in the file.
>You´re right, but at this
>moment I need only one modem.
>
>But anyway, I have changed that sequence, but it doesn´t works. In my
>/var/log/messages file I
>can read that faxgetty is recognizing the modem (at least I can see the
>model and manufacturer
>name).
>
>When I call in, there is no response.
>
>Thank you for all your help!
>
>Wolfgang
>
>-- Wolfgang Riedmann
>-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
>-- I-39012 Meran, V. Laurin-Str. 2d

James Werkowski
Northlight Systems
PO Box 1