[hylafax-users] faxgetty doesn´t respond to call

Hi all,

I´m having a little problem with faxgetty: it doesn´t respond to calls coming in. I´ve tried this on two
different machines (Compaq ProLiant 400) with three different modems (different types of Elsa
MicroLink 56k).

When I access the modem with minicom and call in, I cannot see any RING segnalation on the
screen. When I use the same modems on a Windows machine with HyperTerminal and a call
comes in, a RING is displayed on the screen. Therefore I think there is something
misconfiguration on my system.

I forgot: I´m using SuSE Linux 6.3 on both machines, with hylafax 4.1 (installed from the source
code, not with a SuSE rpm).

In my /etc/inittab I have added the line
mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/modem

Thank you in advance!

Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- I-39012 Meran, V. Laurin-Str. 2d